The camera for an artist is just another tool. It is no more mechanical than a violin if you analyze it. Beyond the rudiments, it is up to the artist to create art, not the camera.
People are under the illusion that it's easy...Technically, it is complex. You have a million options with equipment to distract you. I tell my students to simplify their equipment.
My work is my language and I don't discuss it very easily. It's difficult for me to verbalize my feelings, or to intellectualize my work. In fact, it used to annoy me when Ansel Adams and Paul Strand yak-yak-yakked about what photography meant, and I told them so.
Beyond the rudiments, it is up to the artist to create art, not the camera.
There's nothing worth photographing more than 100 yards from the car
I don't photograph for other people. I love an audience, mind you. Once I've got them there, then I love an audience. Not a big audience, though. I'd rather please ten people I respect than ten million I don't. But I don't play to an audience, I do it for myself.
Photography is 90% sheer, brutal drudgery! The other 10% is inspiration!!
Of course, we were not promoters, we Westons, let's face it. Dad had only $300 in the bank at the end, that's all he had.
You're trying to pin me down. I'm not a verbal person. Look at my work and decide for yourself. It's hard to put it into words.
Follow AzQuotes on Facebook, Twitter and Google+. Every day we present the best quotes! Improve yourself, find your inspiration, share with friends