You will, I am sure, agree with me that... if page 534 only finds us in the second chapter, the length of the first one must have been really intolerable.
I really had a lot of dreams when I was a kid, and I think a great deal of that grew out of the fact that I had a chance to read a lot.
Don't ask me who's influenced me. A lion is made up of the lambs he's digested, and I've been reading all my life.
If I have not read a book before, it is, for all intents and purposes, new to me whether it was printed yesterday or three hundred years ago.
Perhaps no place in any community is so totally democratic as the town library. The only entrance requirement is interest.
The classics are only primitive literature. They belong to the same class as primitive machinery and primitive music and primitive medicine.
When I read a book I seem to read it with my eyes only, but now and then I come across a passage, perhaps only a phrase, which has a meaning for me, and it becomes part of me.
Books do furnish a room.
We must form our minds by reading deep rather than wide.
I have a real soft spot in my heart for librarians and people who care about books.
Reading isn't good for a ballplayer. Not good for his eyes. If my eyes went bad even a little bit I couldn't hit home runs. So I gave up reading.
To buy books would be a good thing if we also could buy the time to read them.
How well he's read, to reason against reading!
Books worth reading are worth re-reading.
Many readers judge of the power of a book by the shock it gives their feelings - as some savage tribes determine the power of muskets by their recoil; that being considered best which fairly prostrates the purchaser.
Readers are lucky - they will never be bored or lonely.
People have now a-days got a strange opinion that every thing should be taught by lectures. Now, I cannot see that lectures can do as much good as reading the books from which the lectures are taken.
The book shd. be a ball of light in one's hand.
The truth of the matter is that about 99 percent of teaching is making the students feel interestedin the material. Then the other 1 percent has to do with your methods. And that's not just true of languages. It's true of every subject.
All there is to writing is having ideas. To learn to write is to learn to have ideas.
He writes nothing whose writings are not read.
Nothing new that is really interesting comes without collaboration
Children enter school as question marks and leave as periods.
You can never be an artist if your work comes without effort. That is the problem with modernink from a bottle. You do not have to think. You simply write what is swimming on the top of your brain. And the top is nothing but pond scum, dead leaves, and mosquito spawn.
Writing should be meaningful for children, Y an intrinsic need should be aroused in them, and Y writing should be incorporated into a task that is necessary and relevant.
Follow AzQuotes on Facebook, Twitter and Google+. Every day we present the best quotes! Improve yourself, find your inspiration, share with friends